SHOW TIME: each Thursday at 5pm Eastern Standard Time (UTC-4) on twitch.tv/itsJulian
(starting April 20th 2017)
The 16 players of the Legacy Premier League are battling each other in four groups of 4 players each, round-robin style. After the group stage has been completed, the winners advance to the Quarterfinals, while the #2 and #3 of each group battle the other groups’ #2 and #3 finishers in the Wild Card round, while the last place finishers are eliminated from the league. During the group stage the following rules apply:
- Matches are played on Thursday, 5pm Easter Daylight Time on twitch.tv/itsJulian
- Legacy Format, decklists submitted before the group draw
- Matches are played in regular best-of-three style with a single deck
- Two-way ties will be broken as follows:
- 1. Direct match result between tied players
- Three-way ties will be broken as follows:
- 1. GameWin%
- 2. GameWin% between tied players
- 3. Direct match result between tied players
- 4. Tiebreaker Matches, usually played on another day
The Wild Card rounds will be played in regular Best-of-Three, single deck style. Decklists are submitted before the opponents are drawn. Each groups #2 finisher plays another groups #3 finisher and vice versa. #2 seeds choose Play/Draw over #3 seeds.
From the Quarterfinals onwards, player will submit three different decklists (before opponents are drawn), from which they will choose their starting deck. Each time a deck is defeated, the winner remains locked into his choice while the loser gets to choose from one of his remaining decks. The match continues until a player has defeated all three of the opponent’s decks. Players get to select different decks for the Quarterfinals, Semifinals and Finals.
All rules are subject to the league commissioner Mike. Yes, that means he gets to declare himself to be the winner; we just hope he won’t do that.